General Counsel, Attorneys and Executives
Martha M. Newman, JD, PCC, Fort Worth TX, is an Executive and Professional Coach who helps lawyers build lucrative books of business and advance their careers. She coaches lawyers on goal-setting and strategic planning regarding business development, marketing, leadership, and time management. Having received her coaching training from the Graduate School of Management at UT Dallas and her PCC coaching credential from the International Coach Federation, Martha’s coaching and workshops are outcome-oriented with a focus on achieving tangible, business results for her clients. She was formerly a business attorney, TV news anchor, and Fort Worth Zoning Commission Vice-Chair. Her corporate work experience is in the fields of sales training, public relations, and advertising.
In addition to her private coaching practice, Martha currently serves as:
1. 2009 Appointee to the State Bar of Texas’ Law Practice Management Committee (appointed to 3 year term by State
Bar President, Roland Johnson.)
2. Executive Coach retained by University of Texas at Dallas’ Graduate School of Management to
Coach business executives pursuing EMBA degrees.
3. Presenter for the State Bar of Texas at CLE-approved events throughout Texas.
4. Webinar Host for State Bar CLE presentations produced in Austin on the Lawyers Creed and Legal Writing.
5. Board of Directors: Women Lawyers Section, Tarrant County Bar Association.
6. Guest speaker for business organizations throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth
7. Docent: Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth where she delivers art history lectures.
8. Examples of clients Martha has coached are:
- Six equity partners of Texas’ largest, three-city appellate boutique: Alexander, Dubose and Townsend.
- Commercial litigator who is shareholder and executive committee member in large Dallas firm.
- Defense lawyer, veteran of over 300 jury trials, who is equity partner with Arlington trial firm.
- Female oil and gas litigator who is a partner with a historic Fort Worth law firm.
- Dallas litigation manager for national insurance company based in Indiana.
- Manager of attorney section of publicly-held insurance company with offices in Austin.
- Appellate attorney who is candidate for Austin Court of Appeals.
- North American comptroller for Dutch company with offices throughout Europe.
- Public Works Director for a north Texas municipality.
- Operations Manager for a national coal mining company with a plant in east Texas
Prior to coaching, Martha practiced civil law with an emphasis on contracts, oil & gas, and business litigation. She earned her J.D. degree from the University Of Texas School Of Law and her Bachelor of Journalism degree from the University Of Missouri School Of Journalism, and is a graduate of Leadership Fort Worth.